Friday, March 21, 2014

My 1st Pet Trim

We decided that it didn't make sense to be spending so much at the local groomers if we could do the work ourselves. So while we were at the vet last week, we asked our vet to recommend the equipment we'd need to take care of grooming our fur babies at home. This is what he suggested:
I am so thankful that the kit included a disc on how to give my poodle and shih-poo the "pet trim" as well as how to use and care for the items in the kit. I was expecting a razor and the combs but was happy to find that the kit also had a scissors and 2 combs in it (and the disc). All I needed to do after was watch the videos until I felt comfortable enough to try and do it.
It helps to have assistants - and I had 4 taking turns. 1 helped me bathe the 2 puppies and dry them. 1 to help hold the pets as we did the trim. Hubby had to help me hold the muzzle since I was so worried about nicking the sensitive areas I couldn't hold properly.


Both were okay with the trimming of most of their fur. Both did not like having their paws done. I was too scared of nicking the webbing to really get the paws clean. I'll have to practice more and build up to that. I also wanted to make sure that Ensign didn't get scared because it is his very first trim. A cooperative dog makes the entire experience easier for both me and them, that's for sure.

Feedback: Great kit! Really easy to use and the video is spot on. 

All that's left to do is practice and get really good and comfortable at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment